Creative Project

Creative Project – Experimentation – First Bodice and Skirt Piece

First bodice and skirt piece

I made the first bodice piece a size 12 on the pattern as that was the closest to what the model would wear on standard I then got my model o try it on and realised although it fit for the majority of the piece the bust was slightly too small and for the model to feel comfortable it would probably be best to make it a size larger and take it in from there so that the model would feel free to move without fear of anything happening that may embarrassing them. I also cut a skirt piece out of calico to be able to work out how much I would need to extend it as I was unconvinced that the pattern piece would create a skirt that would reach the floor with my model’s height. I worked out that I would need to add 5 to 10 inches to the pattern piece so that it could reach the floor as well as being hemmed so that it would sit nicely on the floor as it’s a lot easier to take away fabric than it is to add it and I didn’t think I would have enough fabric to make the skirt twice.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s