End of Year Show

Agenda and Meeting Minutes 06/03/2018

Agenda

 Production: Zombie Prom

Date: Tuesday 6th March 2018

Time: 2:00pm

Venue: AT002

Attendees: Lucy Sykes, Sam Loftus, Matthew Stephenson, Jason Shepley, Rosalin Cunningham, Steff Gibson

From: Lucy Sykes

 

Agenda Points

  1. Technical Agreement – Lucy Sykes
  2. Lighting progress – Matthew Stephenson
  3. Sound progress – Jason Shepley, Rosalin Cunningham
  4. Set Progress – Rosalin Cunningham
  5. Rehearsal Props Progress – Sam Loftus
  6. Rehearsal Update – Steff Gibson
  7. A.O.B

 

  1. Technical Agreement – What is happening with that?
  2. Lighting progress – Where are we at with paperwork and initial designs?
  3. Sound progress – Is the sound inventory done? Has any paperwork been started?
  4. Set Progress – Where are we at with orders? Is there an initial schedule? Where are we at with construction drawings?
  5. Rehearsal Props Progress – What is currently in rehearsals? What still needs to be provided?
  6. Rehearsal Update – Relay what has happened in rehearsals recently.
  7. A.O.B

 

Meeting Minutes for 06/03/18 @ 12:00pm 

 Attendees: Lucy Sykes (LS), Sam Loftus (SL), Matthew Stephenson (MS), Jason 

Shepley (JS), Rosalin Cunningham (RC), Steff Gibson (SG) 

 Venue: AT002 

 Agenda 

 Technical agreement – Lucy Sykes 

  1. Sound – Jason Shepley and Rosalin Cunningham
  2. Set – Rosalin Cunningham
  3. Props – Sam Loftus
  4. Rehearsal notes – Steff Gibson
  5. A.O.B.

 

Minutes: 

 Technical Agreement 

LS: The Technical Agreement is still not finished. I only have the dates to add. So I’ll do that a some point this week. In fact, I’ll try and get it done today or tomorrow. Get it into rehearsals on Thursday.  

 

Lighting Progress 

MS: So, I’m now in a group chat with Levi, who is posting all the videos from rehearsals in it. If anyone else wants adding into it, let me know and I can add you into it. All I’ve seen so far is from ‘Rules, Regulations & Respect’. About half way through what they’ve worked on so far. So I have ideas from the start leading up to that, but the problem is I can’t do a cue synopsis for a scene without actually seeing it all, that’s just ridiculous. I need to see what they’re doing, where they’re going, you can say what colours you want it to be, but the cues are going to be a lot different on the day. Initial ideas, I have them, I’m probably going into the theatre this week to have a look at everything, making sure everything looks alright, apart from that, I haven’t really had chance to get in there. That’s probably about it, all I’ve got to tell you.  

 

Sound Progress 

LS: Sound progress… Shepley? 

JS: Like I’ve said before, I’ve got all my sound effects, so you don’t have to worry about that Ros. 

RCOkay. 

JS: I’m doing it for both of us, don’t you worry about that. I’ve just got to put them in order really. Go through the script again and make sure they’re in the right order. And I have to do my sound inventory. Which won’t take too long.  

LS: What were you doing last Thursday?  

JS: Last Thursday? Well, funny story attached to that actually. I went across to the theatre and they had a careers day on, when I went to the theatre I couldn’t get in there, so I waited a bit and tried to find Jason Hague, nowhere to be seen. Tried to find Mark Hitchin, nowhere to be seen. Then when I came out they were still in there and taking everything down because the theatre was full. So I thought, well there’s no way I can really get in properly, and I couldn’t find Hitch, or Jace. Spoke to Jace about it later and he said “Oh, well, I was about.” But I looked everywhere, Hitch’s office, Jace’s office, workshop, box office, no one about. And I’d seen him earlier in the day and he’d said he had no lessons, he was supposed to be in the theatre, but because of the career thing in there that it wasn’t going to happen, and I said “Well what are you doing?” and he said “Oh, I’m just overseeing this careers thing.” So I went there, but there was no one to be seen. 

LS: We will put a deadline on that for next Thursday.  

JS: Mmhmm, no problem. I’m on it already. 

LS: I think you need to have a discussion with Rosalin because when we did our mark out we had a discussion about where to place subs and speaker placements. 

RC: Yeah, we did.  

LS: So I think you guys need to sit down and have a discussion about that. Then maybe you can start drawing up some actual sound plans. 

 

Set Progress 

LS: Where are we at with orders? 

RC: I don’t know. We went and put it in on Thursday but it went in just as HSAD reception was closing for the day. Nick checked on Friday and the woman who we gave it to wasn’t there, so somebody else took the order and said they were going to go speak to Darren Capp about it, or something and that is all I’ve heard. No one has checked yesterday or today. Unless they have and haven’t told me, but I asked Nick and he said that he hadn’t.  

LS: Where are we at with an initial schedule? 

RC: I haven’t started one, I’ve kinda got one in my head, but I wanted to know what you’re all feel more confident at doing. I did ask in the group chat, but only SG replied. I’ve asked SL today, but I really do want to try and put you on things you’re more confident with, I think the build will be more successful. I don’t mind any of the tasks that need to be done to get the set built, I don’t mind being the one to jigsaw the curves or draw them on, as I know that is the kind of thing other people aren’t that fond of doing. So, I want to know what you all prefer doing really, so if you could let me know in the next week then I can get that schedule started. We’ve got a lot of dodgy angles that need cutting out of timber as well that I need to work out first. So, workshop technician, apparently we’ve got one, but I don’t know when the days are that we can get in there and take priority, so until I have that information, I cant write the schedule up properly. But are you all prepared to come in on non-uni days to get this finished? 

SG: Thursdays I have rehearsals and I work Friday to Sunday, but aside from that, I’m free.  

RC: Well, it’s going to be a lot of time outside of Uni, the shows in about 5 weeks and we haven’t started anything yet. Plus, they’re touring it, so it needs to be finished in 4 if possible.  

MS: I’ve already suggested to the PM that once it’s built we book out a day in the theatre to practise taking it apart and putting it back together.  

RC: Good idea. So, we have gone over budget. It works about at about £35-£36, just for us, which has come out of Dance’s budget. They’ve said they are willing to work with us as it’s not £100. If it comes to it I don’t mind giving them the money back that we’ve overspent.  

JS: When’s the wood arriving? 

RC: I don’t know, no one knows. Whenever it’s delivered. 

LS: Where are we at with construction documents? 

RC: I’ve got some stuff here, and I’ll explain what we’re going to do this week if we have someone in there on Thursday. I know we’re supposed to have a lesson with Leo, SG is in rehearsals, but I was thinking, as we’ve set aside the 2×1” and the 3 sheets of 3mm hardboard in the workshop that we could start building this side flat on Thursday. (RC then explains her technical drawing of the side flat to the group). I have a few days in between now and the next meeting to try and get on with my Technical Drawings for the periactoids, I’m hoping to have them done before we get the wood order in. In theory we should get the wood by next week, I’m hoping we do, but not holding my breath.  

 

Rehearsal Props Progress 

For the purpose of the meeting minutes, SL gives a list of all rehearsal props currently in rehearsals.  

SL: I’ve now finished my risk assessment so they can have the bat in rehearsals, so that will be going in soon. Then there will be the bat, the glove, the ball, the magazines etc. in addition to what they already have.  

LS: So plan for now is to get in the Props Store? 

SL: This afternoon. It was supposed to be last week, but -6[Symbol]c was not a good weather to be rummaging in a metal container. 

LS: That’s fine, so we’re getting somewhere with that.  

SL: Also, the pom-poms are on their way! 

For the purpose of the meeting minutes a discussion began about whether they should have the actual pom-poms in rehearsal or something that they can wave about in place of the actual pom-poms. It was decided that they can have a suitable replacement instead of the actual pom-poms. 

LS: We also need to try and see if we can give them the spinning flats from last years show just so they can get the muscle memory of having to turn them during the performance, I doubt they’re even considering that right now.  

 

Rehearsal Notes 

For the purpose of the meeting minutes SG goes through the Rehearsal Notes for 12/02/18 @ 9.00am and 22/02/18 @ 1.00pm, please see DSM folder on the G-Drive or ‘Rehearsal Notes’ Section of the Prompt Copy. Then SG goes through the Blocking Notes from the rehearsals, please see Rehearsal Script in the Prompt Copy. The mark out was re-agreed for 19/02/18 at 12pm. RC & SG to attend. 

 

A.O.B. 

RCWhen do you want my risk assessments?  

LS: Supposed to be before we start proper build, but focus on the drawings and stuff, and then work on the risk assessments. We are covered by the ones in the workshop to start build. Don’t worry too much. 

SG: I don’t know what days the 29th and 30th March are, but I’m going to see Fall Out Boy in Manchester so I won’t be here. 

LS: Okay.  

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s